Saturday, 22 April 2017

The Cat in the Hat, unanswered questions, and Speculaas biscuits.

(Before I commence; I will be pasting random pictures of delicious food in this post. From Pinterest. Prepare to get hungry.)


Evie tagged me with the Sunshine Blogger Award and I do like a list of random questions so without further - no never mind, I'm not going to say 'without further ado' because I feel like that phrase is so overused (and besides, I haven't ado-ed yet, have I?) - without further delay - no, because two sentences doesn't imply delay-ment - without further explanation - NOPE BORING - okay, how about without further unnecessary rambling... here goes.

If you skipped the first paragraph; good for you. Don't feel bad about it.

Do you have any family heirlooms?
This might make our family sound like the most boring, uninteresting family ever... but I can't think of anything. My grandparents have quite a few things though (PHEW WE ARE NO LONGER BORING) that we've used as well - a christening robe, for instance, that my great-granddad wore as well as my granddad, my dad, my uncles, my brothers and 10+ of my cousins (yep, it's completely falling apart) - but I don't personally own any family heirlooms. There ya go. Welcome to my interesting life filled with history and nostalgia, guys.

Opinion on letter writing?
Oh no. Hate it. :-P
Note the sarcasm, ma'am. Sir, note it. Sarcasm.


Do you prefer tea, coffee or cocoa?
What do I prefeeeeerrr. Not coffee. Coffee's... black muck. It's... yeah, black muck. Not that I've seriously attempted to taste it, but it's black muck. No, don't attack me in the comment section. Tea? I like tea, but the taste can render to boredom. It has a certain taste of insipidity, if one overdoses it. You know? Cocoa is not my favourite either. (PLEASE DON'T CALL ME A SPOILT BRAT.) I like cocoa though. Especially after a long windy walk. So cocoa, I guess. (Although I call it Hot Chocolate Milk.) (Just saying.)

Whats your favourite children's story?
I have quite a few, so I'll go with the first one that pops into my head.
The Sun did not Shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house, all that cold, cold, wet day. I sat there with Sally; we sat there, we two. And I said: How I wish we had something to do. Too wet to go out; too cold to play ball...
(That was the Cat in the Hat. Got it memorised to prove my loyalty towards it.)

What movie or Period Drama ending really frustrated you? And how would you change it?
DOWNTON ABBEY SERIES 3 CHRISTMAS SPECIAL.
NO FURTHER COMMENT.
*cries*


Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
I have no idea. It's in God's hands. And that means I'm fine with whatever it is.

What makes you nostalgic?
See here. A blog post devoted to answer the question. Basically, old childhood favourites (specifically Astrid Lindgren, Little House, etc), old camera film rolls, big chunky computers.

If you had to describe yourself as an animal, what would it be?
NOOOOO. I CAN'T DO THIS.

If a loved one was to serenade you, what song would you most like them to sing?
I wouldn't mind a top hat and tail's singing 'I'm putting all my eggs in one basket' from Top Hat. In twilight, with me looking like Ginger Rogers. Of course we'd magically possess amazing tap-dancing skills to end the night with. In dazzling syncopation. With a brass orchestra to boot. And back-up dancers. In silver dresses and white suits.


If you could change your name to anything what would your new name be?
I've had this question before and I can never answer it. Uh. Maybe I shouldn't do tags. :-P

Whats your favourite biscuit to dunk?
I love dunking (I actually didn't know this was a word and had to look it up) (I admit all, you see) Speculaas biscuits in hot chocolate. Man, it's the best thing ever. Especially after a long windy walk. (You should've known that if you've read all the answers attentively in this post. Naomi likes hot chocolate after long windy walks. Not that she takes many long windy walks. But she should because hot chocolate.)


That's it, people.

Have an amazing day today; do something cool. If you're feeling sad, reading Lamentations is actually really therapeutic, and a warm snuggle in a warm bed with a never-before-read book is quite lovely too. I'd recommend The Sweetest Thing by Elisabeth Musser. Or Gone with the Wind. I'd also recommend eating white chocolate eggs with brown fillings (those, I have learnt, are my favourites), and, of course, always always always remember and never underestimate the power of: ✝

10 comments:

  1. I'm not actually a fan of coffee, tea, or cocoa, either. Don't know why . . . maybe because I'm not used to drinking them? My parents never drank coffee so we just never had any in the house. So there's that.

    I was just telling Evie it's SO WEIRD to see you guys talk about "biscuits" and realize you mean "cookies." I mean, when I think about "dunking biscuits," I think about dunking them in hot chili or goulash or some kind of soup. But you guys are busy dunking yours in hot chocolate . . . Weird. *shakes head*

    If I had to describe you as an animal, I would probably pick a kitten. A fluffy yellow kitten that loves to play with yarn and stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I approve of your recommendation of Gone with the Wind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am starving. Good thing I am about to have dinner!

    (I agree with you on what you think of coffee...)

    Season 3 ending of Downton Abbey was not fun. Just sayin'.

    Nice answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Yes, 'black muck' is the best description of coffee I have ever heard. I have tasted it plenty of times so I know. Just, yes. Thank you.

    DA Season 3 Christmas Special!!! ;( That certainly was THE most frustrating ending. I could not agree more with that answer.

    And, thanks a lot, Naomi...I really want fruit and donuts now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm hungry, and I wish I take pictures like the ones you find on Pinterest.

    I agree, without further ado is overused. ;)

    Try a good iced coffee before you prejudice yourself against the said 'black muck'. You never know, you may like it. ;)

    I always liked Dr. Seuss, merely for the sake of the rhymes. :D

    Haha, well, I'd gladly swap our big chunky computer for your little laptop. You can't take this huge thing anywhere (and you've experienced first hand all the naughty little tricks our particular one plays on me! ;P)!

    I call it hot chocolate too. None of this cocoa business. ;)

    I'm going to go eat chocolate Easter eggs to make me feel happier and then work out to make my body feel happier. So if it goes like I plan, I should be feeling much happier soon. Not that I'm particularly unhappy...

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't stand letter writing either... it's just sooo awful (; same. The pictures of food in this post are making me want to reach into the screen of the computer and try to grab it. I don't think I could change my name. GOSH NO I am with you on that. I dont knowww. I enjoyed reading this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naomi, Naomi, Naomi. How do you do it? Your posts are so lovely, and an absolute feast for the eyes. The pictures, the colored fonts! I love it! (And pleeeease...I WANT THOSE DONUTS!! ;D)

    You don't like coffee either??? Hurrah! Shake my hand, girl. I knew there was a reason I liked you. ;) Heehee.

    Quoting the beginning of The Cat in the Hat...awwww. :)

    "Naomi likes hot chocolate after long windy walks. Not that she takes many long windy walks. But she should because hot chocolate." Haha. You're awesome.

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Naomi!
    My name is Sarah Levesque and I am the Assistant Editor of Fellowship and Fairydust Publications, a Christian-based online magazine and blog. We are currently looking for new contributors to join our merry band, and we think you'd be a perfect fit! Our goal is to inspire faith and creativity and explore the arts through a spiritual lens. We publish everything from original fiction to fanfiction to spiritual reflections to book and movie reviews. Check out our websites (yes there are two - we're working on consolidating) at thefellowshipoftheking.net and inkandfairydustmag.org. Please let us know what you think by emailing us at inkandfairydust.com! Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Sarah Levesque
    Assistant Editor
    Fellowship and Fairydust Publications

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind offer! I'm afraid my schedule is too busy to take on a new project. I hope you have a great day! (Also, and I do not mean this in an unkind way, but maybe not the comment section isn't the best place to advertise?)

      Delete
  9. (Can I just copy Miss March's comment? No? Okay.)
    But seriously, I love, love reading your posts; you write so beautifully! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.